Monday, February 27, 2012

My life as of late

My amazing parents just left on their mission to the Dominican Republic. Those few months of waiting after they received their call sure did go by fast! I am so proud of them for going to serve the Lord. It is evident just how much they love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ because they are willing to stop their loves and leave their family do to the Lord's work. They will be the greatest missionaries! They both love to teach and share the gospel. I have been so grateful for tehir desire for our family to know of Christ and I know all those lives they will touch will be so grateful too. Only 18 more months!





In other news, my eye is getting better. Little by little anyway. I go to the doctor next month to get fit for a contact. Maybe then I'll be able to see out of the portion of unscarred eye a little better! I am a little nervous since I have gotten so used to only seeing out of one eye these last 6 months. Wow, I can't believe it's been that long... They said once I have the correct prescription in my glasses and with my contact I'll have a tough time walking at first because the kind of glass and contact they will use is a completely different kind than I am used to and my right eye will still be in the usual kind. Good news though is that the scar has gotten better so they have pushed back the date of surgery if it will even be necessary by then. They did reccomend that I get Lasik done because my eyes are so weak but I have to wait until I am at least 26 because my eyes keep changing. Although if I did get lasik I'd still ahve to have surgery on my left eye to remove the scar beore getting it done. That is too many eye surgeries for me! Let's hope nothing crazy like this happens ever again! I feel I have learned all that was necessary in this trial but only Heavenly Father really knows if there is more to be learned.


I was just released as Second Counsilor in the Primary Presidency. The president's husband was just called as bishop. I knew this would be coming as soon as I found out that he was the new bishop but it didn't make it any less hard to be released. the four months that I was serving in the Primary was so great! I was finally getting their names down and was past the point of being intimidating to them because I was new. I loved getting to know them and their sweet spirits. As I was teaching sharing time for the last time I had a hard time getting through the lesson without getting a little emotional. I was glad to teach them one last time so I could feel that I had done something for them. I wanted to be able to look out into their faces and have to tell me the things they know are true for my last memory in there. They are such great kids! While we were telling the kids good-bye and getting hugs from them I was given a hug from one of the kids and he didn't want to let go. He started to cry so I sat down to find out if anything was wrong but he just kept hugging me and silently crying. I don't know if he was crying because I was leaving but I was still touched that he would want my hug before I left. I hope in a way I touched his life and all the other kids in Primary because they have touched mine and made me want to be a better person. Especially to have the strength of a childs spirit.

Levi has taken his last exam for the CPA. Woot Woot! He will get the results back the first week in March. I just know he passed it because he studied so hard and so much that it will pay off. I am so proud of him and the things he has done for our family. Such an amazing man I married!







No comments:

Post a Comment