Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The happenings of the Dickson's at the end of '09

We've been quite the busy bodies lately! So I'm sorry there won't be much detail but at least I'm doing this much!
November:
We felt it was the right time to buy a house so we went through the fun process of a short sale and got a house in Clinton. It was a major fixer upper so I thought Levi was crazy to have us put the offer on the house, but it turned out great in the end!

December:
We worked on the house like crazy! We had some very late nights there just so we could get it completed so we could move in..
some of the before photos...

The painting process was the worst! I had no idea how many little things needed to be done in order to paint. It didn't help that the family before us put a million holes or dents in the walls!



some of the after photos...

We painted every room, put in new tile, and new carpet. Quite to crazy experience! I absolutely love it now! It took quite a while to get used to having our own place, but it's our home now! I somehow forgot to save our outside pictures on here... oops!!

It probably didn't help that we left halfway through the entire process of fixing up the house to go on a vacation to Cancun. I'd recommend going there to anyone! We went to an all inclusive resort called the Excellence. It was gorgeous!!
We switched off each day between the resort and going to check out some fun things around us. Got to take advantage of actually being in mexico! We went to Tulum, Xel-ha, and Cozumel.

In the car on the way to the resort
Our room
some photos from Xel-ha some photos from Tulumhanging out at the resort
some photos from Cozumel

It is time for us to come home from this beautiful placeSuch a great place spend some time together away from our daily, monotonous routines and really relax. Couldn't have come at a better time!

No comments:

Post a Comment